Apply to participate in the Mobilize.org 2012 Millennial Civic Engagement Summit by submitting your idea to increase Millennial civic engagement in your community.
Are you a Millennial with an innovative idea to catalyze civic engagement in your community?
Mobilize.org is looking for Millennial leaders to participate in the 2012 Mobilize.org Millennial Civic Engagement Summit: Our Generation, Our Communities. During the summit, Mobilize.org will convene Millennial leaders from across the country to discuss civic engagement for the 2012 election and beyond, develop innovative solutions to increase engagement and host an Award Competition where Millennials can pitch ideas to their peers to compete for a share of $25,000.
We’re looking for applicants from each of these states: California, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida and Michigan. A winner from each state will receive an all-expense paid trip to the Mobilize.org Civic Engagement Summit in Charlotte, NC this August 24-26, 2012 on the eve of the Democratic National Convention. With the backdrop of the Presidential Election, Millennials accepted to the summit will discuss the most challenging issues facing our generation, engage with elected officials on the local, state and federal level, and propose civic entrepreneurial strategies they can use and implement to address problems on their campuses, and increase civic engagement in their communities.
Michigan applicants apply here. Otherwise, to go to the competition page for your state, click on your state: North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida and California.
To apply, here’s what you need to do:
- Submit your application with an idea for a local Millennial-led project to increase Millennial civic engagement, community participation, voter awareness and turnout. You can collaborate with your peers and a partner organization in your local community to develop a proposal, but one person must act as a designated representative and formally apply.
- Approved applications will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from June 13 to June 29, noon PT. Rally your community to show their support by voting for your idea. Each supporter can vote once during the voting period.
- The submission with the most votes will win an all-expense paid trip to attend the summit and a $500 starter fund to kick-off their idea.
- At the summit, participants will refine their ideas and be able to compete for financial support and expert support from our staff and extensive partner network.
Note: In addition to inviting the winner for each state competition to the summit, Mobilize.org may select additional applicants to receive invitations to the summit. Decisions regarding additional invitations will be up to Mobilize.org staff and are not based on the results of any state competition.
- In your application, include a photo or video that represents your project idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
- For inspiration, see examples of past Mobilize.org-supported projects here.
Join the conversation on Twitter @GOODmkr and @Mob_org and via #MCESUMMIT
Rules & Regulations
- To participate, applicants must be born between 1976-1996 (“Millennial”) and be a resident of Michigan.
- Your proposed idea must take place in Michigan.
- This competition is open for submissions from May 15 to June 13, noon PT.
- Applications will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from June 13 to June 29, noon PT.
- The top-voted submission will receive a $500 grant to implement their idea and an all-expense paid trip to the Mobilize.org Civic Engagement Summit in Charlotte, NC, August 24 – 26, 2012.
- Each state contest has 1 winner.
- In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account. If you don’t have a GOOD account, it’s free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register. You will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to validate your address.
- Separate from this contest, at the summit, there will be a chance for participants to compete for $25,000 in awards.
- Separate from this contest, Mobilize.org may choose to invite other applicants to the summit.
- Read all the rules.